About Us and this Policy
Scope of this Policy
Meze-M LTD. (“MM“, “we,” “our,” and “us”) controls the information collected when you interact with your mobile divice through our Services.
By email to [email protected]
Information That We Collect or Receive
We collect and receive information from and about you by different means as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information that you directly provide to us, such as when you enter it on our website, or include it in an email that you send to us. This type of collection often occurs through our business support processes, such as:
- Registration or MazeM Account (“Account”) Creation Processes, where we ask you to provide information such as: Contact info (e.g. name, email or physical address, country, or phone number); Account Administration Info (e.g. user name, password, or security questions); Billing Information (e.g. credit card or other payment number, billing address); Date of Birth; and Profile Info (e.g. profile photo, languages, likes).
- Purchase Processes, where we may ask you to provide additional billing info to process payment.
- Technical and Customer Support Processes, where we may ask you to provide contact info and information related to the issue you are contacting us about. We may also record calls you make to MazeM Support.
- Other business processes, where we may ask you to provide information such as name, email address, and Account ID if you participate in market research surveys, beta and other user testing research, competitions, promotions or events or agree to receive marketing information from us.
In addition, we collect the information that you provide by entering it into certain Service features. For example, when you want to post in a forum, you provide us the content for the post (which could contain PI which we collect and then display for you on the forum). Likewise, when you use other features such as voice or text messaging, blogs, surveys, user-generated content, activity streams, or social media, we may first collect the information you enter into the feature.
Please make sure that any personal details which you provide are accurate and current. We will send any important information relating to your Account to you using the contact information you provide (including Account security and privacy notices). You can check and update some of the information you have provided to us any time via Account Management.
Automatic Information Collection
We may also automatically or passively collect information about your use of our Services, see the sub-sections below for a list of categories by sources of such information.
Each time you use the MazeM app or other devices (such as a mobile phone or PC), we may automatically collect information about your use of that device and app. If you sign into an Account, we may combine it with other information we have for that Account.
The information that we collect from devices may include:
- Device identifiers such as your mobile device IDs, cookie IDs, or serial numbers
- Network identifiers such as your IP address and MAC address
- Account authentication tokens that avoid you having to log in repeatedly
- Content and ads downloaded to your device for the online services that you access
- Your current and recent locations
- Trophies, scores and rankings achieved online and offline
- Information about the device you are using, any connected peripherals (such as controllers and VR headsets) and how you have configured them
- Information about how you use the software installed on your device (which may include information about the use of the software offline), such as date and time of use, what games or music you play, what content you browse, share or download, what services you access and for how long, including how often you use chat and other communication applications
- The actions you take within games or apps published by AS (e.g. what obstacle you jump over and what levels you reach)
- Software errors and load times details, and if you have the “Report System Software Errors Automatically” setting turned on, detailed information about the crash, including screenshots and video captured before the crash
MazeM Network and Store
Each time you sign into MazeM Network and access our Services, we may automatically:
- Collect information about your use of MazeM Network Services on your device.
- Log your activity on our MazeM Network servers. For example, we may receive device and Account identifiers, such as your MazeM Network Online ID and Account ID. We may also receive details of: the content, advertisements, and other information your devices request and receive from our servers (such as store content, trophies, and friends lists) and when you receive and interact with them; what content and apps you add to your ‘basket’ in our Store; and what you purchase.
Each time you play a game developed and/or published by us or another MazeM Interactive Entertainment company we may automatically:
- Collect information about your use of that game on your device (including for offline games, which may include information about the use of the game offline).
- Log your activity on our game servers. For example, we may receive device and Account identifiers, such as MazeM Network Online ID, information about how you use our online games, and which players you play against.
Websites, Marketing, and Advertising
Each time you visit our websites or receive and interact with our marketing communications and advertising on our and third-party websites and services, we may automatically log your activity on web, emails, or advertising and marketing servers we control through cookies (small information files placed on a hard drive), web beacons, tracking pixels, browser configuration details (e.g. browser type, list of installed plugins and list of installed fonts), and embedded scripts (programming code that is temporarily downloaded onto a device).
Information We Receive from Third Parties
- Game, social media, or other information, from those third parties or services you link your Account with, or who provide information to power MazeM Network features.
- Information from other users, for example if those users have given us access to their profiles and if you are one of their connections, or information about you is otherwise made accessible to us by them.
- Information from third-parties as appropriate given our relationship, for example from anti-fraud service providers we might obtain fraud risk scores; from law enforcement or partners, we might obtain IP addresses and details of suspected unlawful or malicious activity.
- Card account update information provided by your bank to help keep your payment cards up to date on your Account. Following any update, we will continue to charge the applicable payment methods to any purchases you make unless you notify us otherwise.
We may use your information to operate our Services. We may also personalize the services we provide to you based on the information we have collected about you (for instance, we may use your IP address to display content relevant for your area). And, to enable accessibility settings functions (for you, or other users), we may convert your voice data to text.
We use the information we collect to understand, improve and enhance our existing Services, your experiences with them, and our business operations, and to develop new ones. For example, we may use the information to develop and optimize user interfaces or game performance.
Moderation and Safety
We cannot monitor the whole of MazeM Network and make no commitment to do so. However, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to monitor (including through the use of technology that automatically detects images, text, and URLs that breach our Terms of Service) and record your online activity and communication throughout MazeM Network and to remove and/or delete any content. We may use the information we collect (as described above) to detect breaches and enforce our MazeM Network Terms of Service, Software Usage Terms, System Software License Agreements, any other terms of service you have agreed to and any rules or codes of conduct applicable to your use of MazeM Network.
Marketing and Advertising
Legal and Compliance
We may use the information we collect for auditing, compliance and legal purposes (for example, protecting the rights and property of MazeM, its partners and customers).
In order to help protect you and others, we may use the information we collect and receive in order to:
- Identify fraudulent activities and transactions.
- Prevent abuse of and investigate and/or prosecute any potential threat to or misuse of our Services.
- Protect your account from unauthorized access (for example by preventing access if an attempt is made to log-in from a new location).
Information Sharing and Transfers
This section explains how we may share the information we collect with third parties that provide services to us or provide games and apps on MazeM Network that you use. We may share your information with the following recipients and for the following purposes.
We may share information with the following partners:
- Financial organizations, such as payment details in order to complete your purchase, obtain payment and carry out credit and anti-fraud checks.
- Game publishers, such as the content you have purchased from MazeM Store so that they can deliver that content to you in-game, and ensure your entitlement to access that content is reflected across different gaming platforms.
- Other service, application or website providers, for operational purposes, or for additional purposes, with your permission (such as when you link your Account to your account with them).
- Security and fraud partners, as appropriate to support the security of our Services, fraud prevention, or protect PI.
- Advertising and promotional partners, with whom we are jointly delivering services or features, such as sweepstakes, contests, promotions, or advertising.
- MazeM Group, for purposes related to providing you with content, products, or services, including games, videos, music, software and software applications; community administration or development; to support various business and security processes; research and development; and so that other MazeM group companies may contact you about products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
- Business transfer partners, in connection with the negotiation and sale of the applicable business, a portion of the business, or certain stock and/or assets, or a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other corporate change including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
When you create an Account, certain information will form part of your public profile and we will make it accessible to all accounts on MazeM Network, on the Internet via maze-m.com, and some third-party websites, apps or services. This information includes:
- Your MazeM Network Online ID
- “About Me” statement, avatar, language, country and gaming scores and statistics
- Content you have shared
You are responsible for any content you share on forums, communities, chat and messaging features. This content will be accessible to other users who can then share that information further. We recommend you consider carefully what you share and with whom you share your information. We may also index and use content which you have shared publicly, as part of our platform’s features like Game Help, MazeM profiles, or future MazeM Network services.
We may share your information with police and other government authorities if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal process, to detect, protect and enforce the safety of any person, their property or their rights, to address fraud and security and report criminal activity. The majority of the cases in which we have shared information with police and government authorities concern their investigations into stolen devices, unauthorized use of payment methods, or moderation purposes and safety of MazeM Network and its users. In a small number of cases, we have also provided information in response to anti-fraud or more serious criminal investigations.
Information Handling and Your Choices
We are committed to respecting children’s privacy. We will not collect PI from anyone we have actual knowledge is under the age of 18 if you are a Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or Indonesia or Malaysia or Mainland China resident, or 21 if you are a Singapore resident, or 20 if you are a Taiwan Region or Thailand resident, without their parent’s consent. If you are creating an account for your child, we recommend that you and your child read our Privacy Information for Young Players to help them understand how we handle their PI and their rights over their PI.
With parental consent, we will collect, use and share information collected from or about children in accordance with the practices described in this document, with the following exceptions.
Information You Provide to Us
- A parent only needs to provide limited information about their child (an email address and date-of-birth) to create an Account for their child. Providing gender is optional.
- Only with the parent’s approval to create an Account for the child, can a child add their address.
- The spending limit of the Account for your child is set by the associated parent’s Account.
Information You May Choose to Share
- A parent can control, through the “Free Communication” setting on their child’s Account, their child’s ability to use (and share PI through) text chat, voice chat, video chat, and other messaging features from communicating directly with other users in games, apps or via system software features. Please note that a child’s Account can still (1) Send and receive predetermined text messages created by a game or app, (2) Create and see other users’ in-game character names, designs, and clan titles, (3) Use communication services via an Internet browser unless specifically disabled.
- A parent can control their child’s ability to post or view user-generated content, including photos, videos, drawings, and content imported from outside sources (any of which might contain PI) through the user-generated content control. This will not prevent video capture of a child Account user’s online gameplay.
- A parent can agree to our collection and use of their child’s PI without consenting to our disclosure to third parties, except when the disclosure is inherent to the Services we are providing.
When a parent allows their child’s Account to participate in games, chat or user-generated content features, they also consent to AS sharing information with the publishers of the games, applications, or services that incorporate those features and the collection of information entered into such features by the child’s Account (e.g. typing text into the chat feature).
Our Services are operated in the European Union, United States and other countries/areas/regions around the world. Please be aware that information we collect, including PI, will be transferred to, processed and stored in these countries/areas/regions and, as such, courts, law enforcement, and other authorities in these countries may, in certain circumstances, be entitled to access your PI. We ensure there are adequate safeguards in place when transferring your information outside your country by entering contracts with the recipients, European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses or otherwise that the transfer only occurs where permitted by applicable law. By using our Services or providing us with any information through them, you acknowledge this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in these countries in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen.
Security and Retention
We seek to maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures that conform to industry standards to help protect your information against unauthorized or accidental disclosure, access, misuse, loss, or alteration. Although we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. There is no such thing as perfect security.
We advise you to make use of the enhanced account access controls that we make available such as 2-Step Verification. Please visit www.maze-m.com and/or contact MazeM Help and Support if you need any assistance in restricting access to your devices or accounts.
Please keep any passwords and passcodes for your devices and accounts safe and do not disclose them to anyone else. Consider ensuring automatic account log-in setting is disabled and the setting requiring a password to be entered before completing purchases is enabled, particularly if your MazeM device is shared with others. You should contact MazeM Support immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your accounts or other security breaches.
We may retain information about you as long as it is necessary for us to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy. In addition, we may retain your information for an additional period as is permitted or required to, among other things, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. Where required by applicable law, we shall delete your information when the information is no longer necessary or requested to do so. Even if we delete your information from active databases, the information may remain on backup or archival media as well as other information systems.
Your Choices and Rights
You may have certain choices about how your information is collected, used, stored, and shared. These options can be accessed through your Account or device settings. Please ensure that your information is up-to-date. Among others, you have the following choices:
- Personalized content and marketing: Whether we may use the information we have collected about you to personalize advertising and purchase recommendations. Note that we will always slightly customize what you see (e.g. to avoid displaying content you’ve already purchased from the MazeM Store), and some older devices, apps and games may still show some commercial personalization.
- Personalized communications: Whether we may use the information we have collected, to personalize emails and notifications.
- Limited Data/Service Data and Full Data/Advanced Data collection: Whether we may collect only the Limited Data necessary to provide our Services, or Full Data to enable a richer experience.
- E-Mail Messages: Whether we send you marketing emails.
- Sharing social PI: Whether to share other information, such as your real, name, MazeM Network friends, or activities.
- Shared content: Whether to share content such as gameplay videos with other users.
- Request to Access and Correct: You have the right to request that we inform you of the PI we hold about you, as well as to request the correction of any inaccurate information about you.
- In addition, users have the right to request that we delete the PI we have collected or retained about them.
Users have the right to request that we cancel their registered account at any time. After your account is cancelled, we will stop providing products or services to you and will delete your PI upon your request, unless otherwise provided by laws or regulations.
If you wish to exercise your rights or make any enquiries in relation to your PI, you may write to Data Protection Officer, MazeM send an email to [email protected]. We may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any requests.
In some cases, your choices to provide, change or delete information may affect our ability to deliver our Services, or your user experience. We may decline to process requests which are not otherwise required by applicable law. You have the right not to be unlawfully discriminated against because you have exercised these rights.
To make a Request to Access and Correct, please contact Consumer Services at [email protected] After you submit a request, and verify your identity by requesting details of your account, devices, payment instruments or past transactions. We reserve the right to deny your requests if we cannot verify your identity.
Contact us at [email protected]
Changes to this Policy
Last Revised: 2022-09
Terms of Service
This web site (“Web Site”) is owned, operated and maintained by or for Alba Swim Ltd. (“MM”).
Please read these terms and conditions of use (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully before accessing and browsing this Web Site. You can use this Web Site only if you agree to and accept the Terms and Conditions without limitation or reservation. The Terms and Conditions will be deemed to have been accepted by you if and when you use this Web Site.
AS may, at its sole and exclusive discretion, change, alter, modify, add, and/or remove portions of the Terms and Conditions at any time by updating the contents of this page. So you are requested to visit this page and check the then-effective Terms and Conditions periodically.
This Web Site is linked to other web sites, also operated by AS, its parent company Alba Swim Ltd. (“MM Inc”) or its affiliates (“MM Site”). In addition to this Terms and Conditions, use of each AS Site shall also be subject to the terms and conditions particular to such AS Site. In the event that any of the terms, conditions, and/or notices contained in this Terms and Conditions conflict with the terms and conditions particular to such ASSite, then the terms and conditions particular to such AS Site shall prevail and govern such AS Site.
Limitation of use
All rights (including, but not limited to, copyright) pertaining to all the materials and information that are displayed and/or made available from this Web Site (e.g., contents made available for download) are managed, owned, or used with permission by, AS.
Except for personal, non-commercial, internal use, you are prohibited from using (including, without limitation, coping, modifying, reproducing in whole or in part, uploading, transmitting, distributing, licensing, selling and publishing) any of the materials, without obtaining AS’s prior written permission. Please also note that some materials or information may have terms and conditions particular to such materials or information, in which case, you are required to accept such terms and conditions when accessing those materials and information.
Intellectual Property Notices
“Maze-M”, “MazeM”, and any other product names, service names or logos of MM used, quoted and/or referenced in this Web Site are trademarks or registered trademarks of AS, its parent company AS or its affiliates. “MazeM. Logo” is a registered trademark of Maze-M Ltd. Other product names, service names, logos and/or company names used in the Web Site are trademarked and copyrighted properties of their respective owners and/or licensors.
Following acts are not allowed when using this Web Site:
(1) Infringing the legal rights (including, but not limited to, the rights of privacy and publicity) of others
(2) Causing any damages or disadvantage to others
(3) Disturbing public order
(4) Criminal act
(5) Uploading or distributing any third parties’ private information without obtaining approval from such third parties
(6) Using this Web Site for any commercial purpose
(7) Defaming, disgracing or libeling others
(8) Uploading files that contain viruses, or corrupted files that may damage the operation of others’ computers
(9) Any other activities that are unlawful or prohibited by any applicable laws
(10) Any other activities that AS deems inappropriate
Links to Non-MM Sites
Third parties’ web sites (other than ASSites) linked to or from this Web Site (“Linked Sites”) are independently operated and maintained by such third parties and are not under the control and/or supervision of AS. Use of the Linked Sites shall be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated by the operator of each Linked Site. AS will not be responsible for any loss or damage, however caused, in connection with the use of any Linked Site, and your access to any of the Linked Sites shall be at your own risk.
Nothing contained in this Web Site shall be interpreted as a recommendation and/or endorsement by AS of the contents of the Linked Sites and any products and/or services appearing on and/or provided through such Linked Sites. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to constitute a partnership or the like between the operators of the Linked Sites and MM.
Be aware that anything sent in, posted or disclosed to AS and/or on our PlayStation Blog can be reproduced, disclosed, transmitted, published, broadcast or posted somewhere else. AS, AS Ltd or its affiliates can use without compensation to you any ideas, concepts or techniques that you send, post or disclose, including anything having to do with the development, manufacturing and marketing of our products. If you have rights in anything you send in, post or disclose, you grant to AS, AS Ltd and its affiliates the licenses necessary to use it.
AS may ask you to provide personal information, meaning individually identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, account ID, password etc. through this Web Site, in order for you to participate in certain activities (“Personal Information”). Personal Information will be used only for the purposes indicated by AS when each Personal Information had been solicited. If AS wishes to use your Personal Information for purposes that had not been indicated, AS will inform you of such new purpose. AS will take great care in maintaining the security of the Personal Information and in preventing unauthorized access to it, through the use of reasonably appropriate technology and internal procedures.
AS will not share the Personal Information with any third party without your approval, except in the following cases: (This section shall not apply to anonymous information, such as statistical data, from which an individual cannot be identified.)
(1)to persons or companies with whom AS engages to carry out or provide support for the operations of certain activities or business, (In such case, AS shall require such persons or companies to strictly maintain such Personal Information and not to use it for purpose other than is necessary), or
(2)as may be required by law or court order.
If you wish to review, revise or delete your Personal Information, AS will quickly correspond to your request.
You may register for free membership at this Web Site in order to enjoy our member benefits, which may include, but are not limited to, free e-newsletter and promotional offers. To become our member, you must be 18 years old or above. You affirm you are 18 years old or above by registering for and using our member service. AS reserves the right to deny any registration request at its sole discretion and for any reason.
AS reserves the right to terminate your membership at its sole discretion and for any reason. To terminate your membership, please request in writing to Maze-M [email protected].
Disclaimers of Warranties
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, AS AND/OR SIE Inc AND/OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS AND/OR SAFETY OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEB SITE, AND ANY REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES RELATING THERETO ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, AS AND/OR SIE Inc AND/OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR ACCESS, OR INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE WEB SITE.
AS MAY CHANGE AND/OR ALTER THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEB SITE, OR MAY SUSPEND OR DISCONTINUE THE SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, AS OR SIE Inc OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ALTERATION OR CHANGE OF THE CONTENTS.
Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction
This Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Bulgaria, EU unless otherwise expressly provided. All controversies and disputes arising out of or relating to the Web Site and this Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the courts of Bulgaria.
This Terms and Conditions is not intended to limit in any way your rights under the consumer protection statutes. If any portion of this Terms and Conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, such portion shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining portion.
In the event of discrepancies between the English and Bulgarian versions of the Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.